Eye creams – to use or not to use – the ongoing debate. Some believe that our daily moisturisers should be good enough to treat the area around our eyes too, while others are convinced fine lines, dark circles and puffiness need to be specifically targeted by a formula designed to treat these skin issues. We would have to agree with the latter.
The skin around our eyes is fragile, more so than the rest of our bodies. It needs to be taken care of in a different way, especially to mitigate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Apart from being extremely thin and delicate, it is also subject to constant micromovements, such as squinting and frowning. This is one of the main reasons why it is the first part of our face to start showing signs of aging. Using eye cream for wrinkles really is something we need to consider, as a preventative and ongoing treatment measure. Not just for wrinkles, but also for puffy, tired eyes.
Some of us are prone to showing wrinkles and puffy eyes much earlier than others, which is usually a result of hereditary factors. Bags and dark circles can also begin as a result of inflammation which is triggered by UV exposure, stress, fatigue, and also allergies. This is a reminder to always apply SPF 50 sunscreen!
Adjusting lifestyle factors, including drinking more water and sticking to a sleep schedule can help remedy the appearance of puffy eyes, and wrinkles
Eye cream is super beneficial since the skin around your eyes is thinner and the earliest to show signs of aging and you can prevent wrinkles from appearing if you start wearing an eye cream in your 20s.
Here are some other excellent benefits for using anti-aging eye creams:
- Eye creams help prevent common signs of aging, this is no secret. They also assist with dull, tired, and slack-looking skin A high-quality eye cream, packed with antioxidants and moisturising ingredients can help considerably to mitigate these issues.
- They minimise the look of puffiness – this comes from fluid build-up and can be caused by things like not enough sleep, allergies, and aging. The best eye creams have ingredients that reduce these visible signs of fatigue. Exuviance Professional Total Correct Eye is packed with the right ingredients to fight the signs of aging and wrinkles. It’s ideal for mature skin and visibly plumps and volumizes.
- They reduce the appearance of dark circles – natural eye creams are full of beneficial ingredients that minimize discoloration and give you a brightening boost around the eye area.
- Eye creams deliver hydration on so many levels – the thin skin around your eyes needs a specialised kind of hydration, which luckily eye cream provides. It does this by using the right concentration of ingredients that won’t irritate the skin and dry it out.
- Even skin tone – nourished, moisturised skin looks brighter and healthier. Fact.
- Eye creams prepare your skin for makeup – eye creams do a great job of helping concealer apply more evenly and keeps build up at bay.
- They strengthen and protect delicate skin – under-eye skin is more prone to irritants. Eye creams contain ingredients that specifically target this and add resilience to the area.
Discover Total Correct Eye Creme